Let’s start with a fun fact about coffee! Over 2.25 billion cups of coffee are consumed in the world daily that amounts to 2.5 cups of coffee consumed per person on average. Starting the day with a steaming hot aromatic coffee is sheer love. But did you know, coffee is no more just about the beverage, it makes. It is quite a go-to skin care item too. From being a constitute in face scrub to cleanser, moisturizer and face pack.
Why is coffee graduating to be one of the most beneficial skin care remedy?
Coffee is a highly bio-active plant that contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, fatty acids, protein and melanoidins with undeniable benefits to the largest organ of the human body, our skin!
Skin & Hair Benefits of Coffee
- Calms the skin : The antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory flavonoids and polyphenols in coffee makes coffee a wonderful skin-soother. Be it redness, rashes or sunburn. Coffee is your go-to.
- Anti-aging solution : Applying coffee to your skin may help diminish the presence of sun spots, blemish, fine lines and uneven skin tone. One study source tracked down an immediate relationship between drinking coffee and a reduction in photo-aging impacts.
- De-puff effect : How will coffee de-puff the under eye bag? Well, caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, which means it has a shrinking effect on blood vessels surrounding the eye area.
- Reduces dark under eye : The caffeine content in coffee is thought to help dilate blood vessels that contribute to dark circles.
- Helps prevent skin cancer : Coffee is a rich source of nutrient B3 (niacin), because of a breakdown of a key compound called trigonelline. Nonetheless, trigonelline separates into niacin after Coffee beans have been cooked. According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, niacin might be useful in preventing skin cancer.
You can use coffee as a topical application on skin, but I recommend, before trying any remedy with coffee, do a patch test. The internet is over-saturated with DIYs that says you can apply coffee directly, but coffee granules could damage epidermis, if not used correctly, just like scrubbing your face vigorously is no good, but if done gently can exfoliate and remove dead skin, right?! There are various eco-friendly brands that I have tried and my most favourite are Gift Green India and MCaffeine
Disclaimer : Your skin and body like you are unique. While I am not an expert, I love elevating “our” skin care game through experiences. I have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this blog piece are credible, I recommend you perform a patch test OR consult a doctor ( or your dermatologist) before trying a home remedy, quick hack skin-care regime. For any feedback or your ideas about skin care related to this article, please reach out to me at [email protected] 🙂