Do you wonder why we call it,’Power Dressing’? Every morning, the same old question to ourselves : What should I wear to work, today!? Karl Lagerfeld knew, what exactly goes in our mind and said, “Fashion is what people wear, is not only what you see on the runway”. Whenever you are in doubt, go back to basics:
- Dress according to your professional profile.
- Dress as per the agenda of the day.
- Dress for comfort.
Your dressing style guides others to identify who you are- your academic background, your professional stature and your social status. As a rule, your corporate attire completely depends on the industry you belong to, your position, your personal image, your confidence and therefore your trust-worthiness. So see, how important it is to dress appropriately.
Instead of asking the question, “what should I wear?” and look baffled into the mirror, just ask the question- What impression do I want to put on the people who meets me today? Now, when you have asked the right question to yourself, please be informed, it doesn’t matter what have you hoarded in your closet but how do you put them on yourself! Yes. I mean the #Style ( I had to hashtag that).
The most important component of power dressing is your style. Style is a visual extension of an individual’s personality. In any business, what so ever, your sense of fashion and style, can define your image. Your personal style adds up to your personal branding. The right look can transform, not just YOU but the people’s perspective of you!
“Your Style takes volumes about YOU”
Quick Tip To Excel in Power Dressing:
- Always dress as per the occasion or the event.
- Prints communicates mood. Floral means fun, stripes are sporty, dots says youthfulness. Stick to small and subtle prints at work and brighter and bolder ones, otherwise.
- Buy clothes which are richer in natural fabric.
- If you are confused about what to wear during the day, opt for pastel and solid colours. How about white shirt with denim shorts for your ‘Girl Gang’ brunching together!?
- Mix and match is such an “in-thing”. Go for it. Just remember to keep it in the family. I mean respect the colour-wheel. Use the wheel to find complimentary colours. Why not trying the ” J. Crew Hack”. Consider new ways. Just pick the stuff you want to mix-and-match, then go on JCrew.com . Now just make a note of the colors they are combining and copy it with clothes from your own wardrobe.
- Accessorise for sure. Accessories add a lot of dimension and character to your styling. It adds power to your fashion quotient. It completes your look. How? Read You Accessories Complete Your Fashion Quotient
Do not follow fashion blindly. Power Dressing it all about your unique personality and YOUR power. Remember: “Fashion is what you buy, Style is what you do with it”. Fashion is just a trend, with a short life but your style, lives within you. It is YOU. Play with colours, do your scarf in different styles, change the shades of your facial make-up as per the hues on the clothes that you wear, change your hair cut and style it as per the occasion and your attire. Experiment with your looks. Be the stunner that you are. Conquer the world in style. Live ‘nvogue’! Obrigada Amigos!mi